PAIT strives to assist and protect players who are at risk of the potential negative effects of gambling through a number of means, including the option to exclude yourself from playing, guidance on responsible gaming, risk identification and player verification.
What we can do to help you
Any underage player who has provided dishonest or inaccurate information regarding their true age may have all chips forfeited and could face criminal prosecution.
• Every person signing up for a new account must check a box that indicates that they are at least 18 years of age. This notifies everybody that we don’t accept players under 18.
• When a player creates an account with us, we collect their name, address, and birth date to confirm that the player is at least 18 years old.
• We do not target underage players with our marketing and advertising. It is neither good business nor consistent with our personal and corporate values to attract underage players.
If you believe that playing games might be a hindrance to your life rather than a form of entertainment, we want to help you. First, please review the following questions:
1. Did you ever lose time from work or school due to playing?
1. Has playing caused you to neglect your own welfare or that of your family?
1. Have you ever sold anything or borrowed money to finance your playing?
1. Have you often played until your last chip was gone?
1. Have you ever played longer than you had planned?
1. Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your playing?
If you answered “Yes” to several of these questions, we encourage you to visit Gamblers Anonymous.
You can take the test in its entirety at one of the following websites:
If you wish to exclude yourself from all online gambling activity, consider downloading gamban®, software that helps you by blocking access to all online gambling.
You may also wish to investigate GamBlock, a software application that limits a computer’s access to online gaming sites.
What you can do to help yourself
Identify and reduce the risks
If you choose to play online, there are some general guidelines that can help make your playing experience safer, and reduce the risk that problems can occur:
1. Don’t play when you are upset, tired, or depressed. It is difficult to make good decisions when you are feeling down.
1. Balance your playing with other activities. Find other forms of entertainment so playing does not become too big a part of your life.
Setting limits on your purchases
We believe that you should be allowed to manage your own budget for playing online. We allow you to restrict your own weekly Play Money purchases. If you want to limit or block purchases of Play Money chips completely, you can contact Support for further assistance.
Please note that the limit on weekly Play Money purchases only applies to certain payment methods.
Need help, advice or counselling?